Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My First Guy


Arranged Marriages are gaining popularity again in India and its a good thing. I feel its best to get married to someone your parents approve of. But don't do it forcefully or without your will. If you love someone and plan to get married, then a love marriage is your best option. But for a person like me, I feel arranged is the best. I'm only saying this because I've been single for as long as I can remember. I'm 24 this year and have a good career going for myself. I know what I wanna do and I am proceeding towards my Goal. But I miss having that one special person to share this with. For how long am I going to keep making plans with my friends and their respective partners. I miss having a "Him" around, I want a him around when I've had a good day at work, I want a him around when i've worked out that extra mile just to lose wtg fast, I want a him around when I am PMSing, I want a him around when I've fought with my mum, I want a him around to go for movies and dinners with, I want a him around who I can be proud of, of every achievement in his life. Thats when I realised I am ok to look for guys my parents find me.

So very recently I went to a guys house with my parents. I was super nervous, I dint know what to do or say. It was my first time seeing guys. We reached his place, met his mum and he came. I had this smile on my face and said hi to him. We all sat down. His brother started asking me where I study and what I do. At that point somewhere in my head I had a sudden question. Will he ask me to sing??? Cuz i suck at it. I was praying he would rather ask if I know how to cook, cause i knew. Just then the guy says shall we go... and I was a little taken aback because as per the Hindi movies its an elder of the family who says why dont the two of you go inside and chat. Anyways so I went in, to his room, something I dint approve off. I feel someone's room is their own personal space, why let other people in. But anyways we got to talking and somehow I calmed down. We had a good conversation(Something I dig). We chatted for a while, his brother and sister-in-law came in and sat with us. Me parents and me left his place. I was satisfied. Once we were down my mum says what do you think... I said Ma its too soon for me to say anything, but yes I would like to meet him again to get to know him better.

But after a while I kept getting this feeling that I'm not the only girl he's seeing. I dont blame him, he's 28, he has to keep his options open.

Point being, I now know what to talk when I go see guys... My dad says I've opened my account of seeing boys!! LOL

Here's wishing me luck that I find my 'Him' soon!! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL @ opened the account. This is part of your life experience and I think you did great. Takes a lot for people to go and meet guys the way you did. Keep it up. Also remember it will happen when it has and it will happen when you least expect it. So enjoy this and good luck am sure you will find 'Him' and he will be lucky to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww..... Thanks Chait, Loved ur comment!! Thanks for always being there for me!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg man this is some intense shit.
    good going
    and i know what u feel when u say u need a HIM for every little thing..i miss that feeling too..(eventhough im hitched :p) and u know what i mean..
    anyways here's wishing u all the luck to find Mr.PERFECT HIM....
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete