Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Romantic Novels


So of late I've started reading a lot of romantic novels, and I love the feeling of being in love. Doesn't mean I am in Love... but the whole idea of being in love intrigues me. There are so many authors- Milly Johnson, Nicholas Sparks(My fav), Cecilia Ahern, Sandra Brown, Barbra Taylor Bradford, James Patterson, Judith McNaught, Jackie Collins and many more that I cant seem to recall. Reading is a habit that has been instilled in me since I was a child. Everynight before sleeping I read for half an hour, sometimes I go to a coffee shop just to read my book in peace.

Every story is different from the other and I fall more in love with love. I cant believe I'm saying this but I actually believe in these stories. I feel these stories happen for real. I know that right now while I'm writing this my true love is out there somewhere waiting for me. To be honest I was always taught never to expect, never to believe in best friends, etc. But the books have changed me. I have started expecting to meet my true love at the most random places, I do have best friends and I believe in them.

Anywhere I go, I keep my eye open, what if I meet him at a supermarket, at a party, a bar, a coffee shop, at a doctors clinic... anywhere!!! So anyways when I'm reading these novels I'm in a complete different world, I'm not me. I visualize every scene from the book into real life...sometimes my life. Sounds like I'm mad right?? But trust me I'm not the only one who does this!! I'm a major closet Romantic, I'd rather watch a Romantic movie than a scary one... Trust me I love both the genres. Reading whisks me away from my life, my fears, my worries, my tension.

I could on writing about romance and reading, but I would conclude by saying 'My true Love, please turn out to be what I expected you to be' :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice read that was. Will read further later. Keep writing.

    @thefraudmallu

    ReplyDelete